publication date: Jan. 15, 2021
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
In histories of oncology, Charles Gordon Zubrod is a name that flashes by quickly, someone who did something important a long time ago.
Sean Khozin, a data science expert and formerly a senior medical officer at FDA, has been tapped to lead CancerLinQ—the American Society of Clinical Oncology’s multimillion-dollar big data initiative designed to generate real-world evidence from patient records.
Overall cancer mortality rates in the United States continued to drop precipitously, falling by 2.4% from 2017-2018, according to the American Cancer Society’s latest Cancer Statistics report.
A new law has given FDA the authority to update the approved labeling on generics—including for many older cancer drugs.
- Charles S. Fuchs named SVP at Roche and Genentech
- Crystal Denlinger named chief scientific officer of NCCN
- Jonathan Weinbach named CEO of New York Proton Center
- Christian Hinrichs named chief of immunology program at Rutgers
- Kenneth H. Kim to direct Cedars-Sinai Women’s Cancer Program
- Sonali M. Smith named chief of the Hematology/Oncology at University of Chicago
- Tisch Cancer Institute receives $1.9 million NCI grant for cancer metastasis research
- Fox Chase receives grant to research radiation in metastatic colorectal cancer
- MSK launches podcast: “Cancer Straight Talk from MSK”
Even though cancer center and health system leaders know this deep down, most also find no way better to measure the success of programs and providers than the inscrutable Relative Value Unit, or RVU.
- IU cancer center findings could reduce treatment-related complication for blood cancer patients
- Study: Young people using e-cigarettes are three times more likely to become daily cigarette smokers
- Xalkori receives FDA approval for children and young adults with relapsed or refractory, systemic anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Pvsripo receives Orphan Drug Designation from FDA for advanced melanoma treatment
- Illumina collaborates with Bristol Myers Squibb, Kura Oncology, Myriad Genetics, and Merck to advance comprehensive genomic profiling