publication date: Jun. 22, 2016
Obama Names Six Appointees to NCAB
PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA named six appointees to the National Cancer Advisory Board. They are:
• Francis Ali-Osman, professor of surgery and pathology and the Margaret Harris & David Silverman Professor of Neuro-Oncology Research at Duke University School of Medicine. Ali-Osman served as associate director of translational research at the Duke University Cancer Center from 2003 to 2010.
• Lawrence Gostin, faculty director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law and the Founding O’Neill Chair in Global Health Law at Georgetown Law School. Gostin is also director of the World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Public Health Law and Human Rights, a professor of public health at The Johns Hopkins University, and a professor of medicine at Georgetown University.
• Scott Hiebert, the Hortense B. Ingram Chair in Cancer Research, a professor of biochemistry, and an associate professor of medicine at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He has served as a professor at Vanderbilt since 1997.
• Electra Paskett, the Marion N. Rowley Professor of Cancer Research at The Ohio State University, director of the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control in the College of Medicine, a professor in the Division of Epidemiology in the College of Public Health, and associate director for population sciences and leader of the center’s Cancer Control Program.
• Nancy Raab-Traub, a professor at the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of North … Continue reading 42-24 Obama Names Six Appointees to NCAB
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.