publication date: Apr. 25, 2016
Academy of Arts and Sciences Elects 213 Members
The American Academy of Arts and Sciences elected 213 new members, including some of the world’s most accomplished scholars, scientists, writers, artists, as well as civic, business, and philanthropic leaders.
Members of the 2016 class include winners of the Pulitzer Prize and the Wolf Prize; MacArthur and Guggenheim Fellowships; the Fields Medal; the Grammy Award and the National Book Award.
The new class will be inducted at a ceremony Oct. 8 in Cambridge, Mass.
The full list, organized by class and section, is available here.
The members of the 2016 class working in the biological sciences, including foreign honorary members, are:
Biochemistry, Biophysics and Molecular Biology
• Richard Ebright, Rutgers University
• Lila Gierasch, University of Massachusetts
• Robert Glaeser, University of California, Berkeley and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
• Adrian Krainer, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
• Lawrence Loeb, University of Washington
• Eva Nogales, University of California, Berkeley
Cellular & Developmental Biology, Microbiology, and Immunology
• Keith Burridge, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
• Mark Hochstrasser, Yale University
Continue reading 42-16 Academy of Arts and Sciences Elects 213 Members
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.