Lilly drug Alimta misses the target, but wins ODAC endorsement for lung cancer. FDA’s Pazdur tells ODAC that decision on Alimta requires clinical judgment.
Also in this 8-page issue: Rep. James Greenwood to become president of Biotechnology Industry Association.
Medicare to cut payments for cancer drugs by 2-8%. ASCO estimates total cut in reimbursement at $500 million.
Richard Bloch, advocate for patient information services, dead at 78.
STAR completes enrollment.
NCI forms pediatric central IRB.
Funding opportunities listed.
July issue of Business & Regulatory report (8 additional pages) included.
- Betty Ford and the press conference that changed oncology
- Robert Winn, Rebecca Miksad, Dana Rollison: We must use real-world data and lessons from COVID to improve care, equity in communities we serve
- Bipartisan misgivings: House appropriators chafe at Biden’s proposal to fund ARPA-H at the expense of NIH
- Cancer is complex and dynamic—ergo, dose optimization calls for mathematical modeling
- Equity and action: Ida Spruill and Walter Lawrence
- Chernobyl: a 35 year follow up on long-term health effects