Lilly drug Alimta misses the target, but wins ODAC endorsement for lung cancer. FDA’s Pazdur tells ODAC that decision on Alimta requires clinical judgment.
Also in this 8-page issue: Rep. James Greenwood to become president of Biotechnology Industry Association.
Medicare to cut payments for cancer drugs by 2-8%. ASCO estimates total cut in reimbursement at $500 million.
Richard Bloch, advocate for patient information services, dead at 78.
STAR completes enrollment.
NCI forms pediatric central IRB.
Funding opportunities listed.
July issue of Business & Regulatory report (8 additional pages) included.
- Narjust Duma named associate director of the Cancer Care Equity Program at DFCI, Harvard Medical School
- Robert Stone: City of Hope aims to transform cancer care nationally through new models, partnerships
- Biden commits to creating “ARPA-H” research body in visit to Ohio State
- Amy Reed, physician and patient who “moved mountains” to end widespread use of power morcellation, dies at 44
- The Cancer Letter gets a new website
You may have noticed that things are looking different around here
- Abecma receives FDA approval for multiple myeloma