House Approves NCI’s First $4 Billion Budget, $22.8 Billion For NIH In FY2002.
Foundation Honors Three In Oncology; Society Wins Software Grant From Microsoft.
Arthur James, Ohio Founder Of Research Institute, Dead.
Novartis Submits Gleevec Data To FDA Seeking Approval For Use In GI Tumors.
Genitope Therapy In Phase III Trials For Low-Grade B-Cell Non-Hodgkin’s.
Cytyc Buys Pro-Duct Health, Ductal Lavage Device Maker. TAP To Pay $875 Million To Settle Federal Civil Suit.
- Betty Ford and the press conference that changed oncology
- ARPA-H placed outside NIH in authorization bill approved in a 336-85 House vote
- NCI strategy for evaluating MCED assays may bypass cancer clinical trials groups
- Dave Boule confronted polycythemia vera with an accountant’s consistency
- Alex A. Adjei named chair of Cleveland Clinic Taussig Cancer Institute
- Harold Varmus reflects on the life of John Edward Porter, a House appropriator—and his friend
Porter helped orchestrate the doubling of the NIH budget between 1998 and 2003