publication date: May. 30, 2014
DOD Offering 10.5 Million for Lung Cancer Research
The Department of Defense Lung Cancer Research Program will provide $10.5 million to support innovative, high-impact lung cancer research during fiscal 2014.
The Lung Cancer Research Program is administered by the U.S. Army Medical Research and Materiel Command through the Office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs. FY14 LCRP Program Announcements and General Application Instructions for the following award mechanisms are posted on the Grants.gov website.
Areas of Emphasis: The FY14 LCRP encourages research projects that specifically address the critical needs of the lung cancer community in the following Areas of Emphasis:
• Identification or development of noninvasive or minimally invasive tools to improve the detection of the initial stages of lung cancer.
• Identification, development, and/or building upon already existing tools for screening or early detection of lung cancer. Screening may include, but is not limited to, computed tomography scans, X-rays, other imaging biomarkers, genetics / genomics / proteomics / metabolomics / transcriptomics, and assessment of risk factors.
• Understanding the molecular mechanisms of progression to clinically significant lung cancer.
• Understanding the molecular mechanisms that lead to various subtypes of lung cancer.
• Identification of innovative strategies for prevention and treatment of early and/or localized lung cancer.
• Understanding predictive and prognostic markers to identify responders and nonresponders.
• Understanding susceptibility or resistance to treatment.
Military Relevance: The FY14 LCRP strongly encourages research projects that are relevant to the health care … Continue reading 40-22 Funding Opportunity: DoD Offering $10.5 Million For Lung Cancer Research
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.