publication date: Jan. 31, 2020
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
On Feb. 1, Thomas J. Lynch will report to work as president and director of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center.
Stand Up To Cancer has launched two initiatives to increase minority representation in cancer clinical trials by amending its grant application requirements and funding a new research team focused on diversity and inclusion.
A report by the Office of the Surgeon General finds that more than two-thirds of United States adult cigarette smokers report interest in quitting cigarette smoking; and the majority of adult cigarette smokers in the U.S. have tried to quit during the past year.
- New cancer center established at Hopkins
- Eileen Smith appointed chair of Hematology & Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation at City of Hope
- UCLA receives $18M to expand whole-person care for cancer patients and families
- Atefeh Riazi named chief information officer at MSK
- Usama Gergis named head of BMT and cell-based therapy program at Thomas Jefferson
- Ragini Kudchadkar named chair of Clinical and Translational Review Committee at Emory
- Theresa Guise becomes CPRIT Scholar Number 200
- Medicaid block grants threaten beneficiary access to cancer care, ASCO says
- National Brain Tumor Society funds ONC201 trial in EGFR-independent high-grade gliomas
- FNIH accepting nominations for Trailblazer prize
- Stem cells, CRISPR and gene sequencing technology are basis of brain cancer model
- HIV outcomes improved by state-purchased insurance plans
- Predictive Technology Group and Atrin Pharmaceuticals collaborate on molecular diagnostic oncology development