publication date: Jan. 24, 2020
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
What’s happening at H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center?
On Jan. 17, Moffitt Cancer Center officials delivered the final report of the institution’s internal investigation to the Florida legislature, alleging that top leaders and researchers at the cancer center had opened personal bank accounts in China and received unreported personal payments and other research support.
Contrary to declarations by Moffitt Cancer Center, Thomas Sellers, the institution’s ousted director, was not involved in the Thousand Talents program sponsored by the People’s Republic of China, said a Florida attorney who represents Sellers in preparing a lawsuit against the cancer center.
A study evaluating the real cost of smoking by state over a lifetime ranked each of the states, finding that over an average lifetime smokers spend about $1 million to $2 million on tobacco-related costs, depending on the state they live in.
- Oliver Bogler named director of NCI Center for Cancer Training
- University of Maryland joins Big Ten Cancer Research Consortium
- Victor Dzau elected NAM president for second term, Carlos del Rio named next foreign secretary
- Bert Vogelstein receives NAS Jessie Stevenson Kovalenko Medal
- Miami Cancer Institute launches inaugural Summit of the Americas
- Huntington, Park, Mounligan, Sanft receive new appointments at Yale Smilow Cancer Hospital
- City of Hope opens Orange County location as first phase of $1B expansion
- SU2C to announce health equity initiative to increase diversity in clinical trials
- Roxanne Taylor named chief marketing and communications officer at MSK
- Surufatinib phase III study reaches primary endpoint in advanced pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors in China, trial to end early
- Pain control strategy reduces need for opioids in patients with head and neck cancer
- 9/11 responders have increased overall cancer incidence in thyroid, prostate, and leukemia cancers, study finds
- FDA grants Tazverik accelerated approval as first treatment option for epithelioid sarcoma
- FDA grants priority review of belantamab mafodotin for relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma
- Myriad submits sPMA for BRACAnalysis CDx as companion diagnostic for Lynparza in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer
- Evotec, Indivumed collaborate on treatment for NSCLC
- Health Canada approves Keytruda + Inlyta for advanced RCC