publication date: Jan. 17, 2020
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
Consider these data points on cancer disparities:
- The number of NCI-designated cancer centers: 71
- The number of African American directors of NCI-designated cancer centers: 1
Now meet Robert A. Winn, a pulmonologist who started his job as director of Virginia Commonwealth University Massey Cancer Center last month.
With a budgetary increase of $297 million in FY2020, NCI anticipates funding more than 125 additional competing awards over FY19 levels—and devoting more than $210 million in new funding to support extramural research and training opportunities.
Richard Turman was named president on ACT for NIH, a Washington group that has played a key role in increasing federal appropriations for biomedical research over the past six years.
- Al Benson named to new role in ECOG-ACRIN leadership
- Karen Reckamp to head medical oncology at Cedars-Sinai
- Dolores Hambardzumyan joins neurosurgery faculty at Mount Sinai
- Douglas Hanahan, Ping-Chih Ho receive appointments at Ludwig Cancer Research
- Northwell acquires Queens medical oncology practice
- Multimodal genomic analyses predict response to immunotherapy in NSCLC
- Nanoparticle therapy offers potential new treatment for aggressive breast cancer
- MEAL study: eating more veggies, fruits will not cure, stop prostate cancer
- FDA grants Rubraca Priority Review for advanced prostate cancer
- FDA accepts BLA for Priority Review of Opdivo + Yervoy in first-line NSCLC
- Concerto HealthAI collaborates with Pfizer, Janssen; launches eurekaHealth 3.0
- Roche, Illumina collaborate to broaden patient access to genomic testing
- Qiagen, Amgen collaborate on companion diagnostic development in NSCLC
The National Cancer Institute Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program approved the following clinical research studies last month.