publication date: Mar. 3, 2017
Steve Hahn didn’t apply for the job of Chief Operating Officer at MD Anderson Cancer Center. In fact, there was no COO job to apply to, and conversations that preceded the announcement of his new role took less than a week.
MD Anderson Cancer Center reduced its year-to-date operating loss to $77.3 million in January, the fifth month of the fiscal year.
FDA’s approval process for drugs is “slow and cumbersome,” President Donald Trump said in his first address to a joint session of Congress on Feb. 28.
- Karmanos, Wayne State receive grant to conduct nation’s largest study of factors affecting African Americans with cancer
- Feldman named chief of breast surgery & surgical oncology, director of breast cancer services at Montefiore and Einstein
- Michael Rosen named chief communications officer at Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
- Open Science Prize goes to software tool for tracking viral outbreaks
- Fred Hutchinson announces Harold M. Weintraub Graduate Student Award winners
- Boehringer Ingelheim, Vanderbilt expand collaboration to tackle hard-to-treat cancers
- iKnowMed recognized as No. 1 oncology EHR by Black Book Research
- CTCA, Allscripts, NantHealth to launch clinical pathways, custom oncology treatment platform
- Blackfynn and CHOP expand partnership for data integration and analysis in pediatric brain tumors
- FDA approves Xermelo as first and only treatment for carcinoid syndrome diarrhea
- FDA Accepts avelumab BLA for Priority Review for urothelial carcinoma
- BMS expands International Immuno-Oncology Network with addition of Columbia and MacCallum Cancer Centre
- Exelixis, BMS collaborate on late-stage combination trial in first-line RCC
- Exelixis, Roche to evaluate cabozantinib and atezolizumab in solid tumors
- Advaxis, SELLAS announce licensing agreement to develop antigen-targeting immunotherapy