publication date: Nov. 15, 2019
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
William Kaelin and Gregg Semenza have a message for young scientists: do science for its own sake—and enjoy it.
As one of the cancer hospitals serving Los Angeles County, the UCLA Jonsson Comprehensive Center has to face the challenge of providing the most sophisticated—and most expensive—care to a largely underserved population.
Friends of Cancer Research has published three white papers that focus on the development of external controls, the assessment of combination immuno-oncology therapies for patients with disease progression, and the generation of data for companion diagnostics.
- Ashwani Rajput named director of The Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center
- VUMC’s Rathmell to Receive 2019 Eugene P. Schonfeld Award
- St. Baldrick’s Foundation awards nearly $1.5M in grants to expand children’s clinical trials
- Moffitt collaborates with VA hospitals to expand clinical cancer research
I write, again, compelled by emerging scientific facts regarding a serious systemic error of negligence on the part of the main American gynecological societies, AAGL and ACOG, and their member practitioners—though the problem I highlight here also affects overseas gynecological counterparts, specifically the RCOG in the United Kingdom.
- FDA grants Breakthrough Device Designation for Exact Sciences blood-based test for detection of HCC
- FDA accepts BMS application for Opdivo + Yervoy for liver cancer
- Janssen seeks FDA approval for Imbruvica + rituximab for previously untreated patients with CLL
- Canada approves Imbruvica combination for CLL indication
- UroGen receives rights to Zalifrelimab for intravesical treatment of urinary tract cancers