publication date: Nov. 16, 2018
To access this members-only content, please log in.
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
If you believe you should be able to view this area but cannot log in, then please contact us
and we will try to rectify this issue as soon as possible.
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
Heinz Von Foerster, the renowned Austrian-American physicist and cybernetics scholar, declared that “information can be considered as order wrenched from disorder.1” Ever-increasing amounts of digital data and new computational tools promise that technological developments such as artificial intelligence (AI) will bring order, clarity, and new solutions in multiple areas—from transportation to criminal justice.
Oct. 25, we heard more about President Trump’s plan to save health care dollars through a variety of Medicare pilot programs and index pricing.
- Cornelis Melief receives 2018 ESMO Immuno-Oncology Award
- Roswell Park partners with Jagiellonian University in Kraków
- NCCS presents third annual Ellen Stovall Award to Gay Crawford and Norman Coleman
- IU researchers awarded $2.3 million to continue studies on CIPN
- UVA researchers awarded $1.8 million to test breast cancer approach
In my twenty-two years of practicing medicine, I have observed the evolution of genomic testing and its increasing utility in oncology.
With the growing interest in precision medicine for breast cancer patients, I have found it important to decipher the differences between the two most clinically validated genomic tests, MammaPrint and Oncotype DX, and their phase III trials, MINDACT and TAILORx, respectively.
- Cardiovascular toxicities seen early in treatment with immune checkpoint inhibitors
- Breast screening linked to 60 percent lower risk of breast cancer death in first 10 years
- Fecal transplant effective against immunotherapy-induced colitis
- Biodesix test predicts response to atezolizumab in lung cancer
- Keytruda significantly improved OS compared to chemotherapy in PD-L1 advanced esophageal or esophagogastric junction carcinoma
- Pfizer introduces biosimilar Retacrit injection in the U.S. at a substantial discount
- Initial data from AMBER trial of TSR-022 + TSR-042 demonstrates clinical activity in progression following anti-PD-1 treatment
- Zymeworks announces updated clinical data for novel bispecific antibody, ZW25
- Gradalis presents initial data from phase II U.S. trial for Ewing’s sarcoma
- Using review pilot program, FDA takes two weeks to approve first-line treatment for peripheral T-cell lymphoma
- FDA accepts novel clinical trial endpoint in approving Erleada for prostate cancer
- CHMP gives positive opinion for Kisqali combination therapy for all women with HR+/HER2- locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer
- FDA grants priority review for Tecentriq + Abraxane for metastatic triple-negative breast cancer
- Immunomedics expands clinical collaboration with AstraZeneca to include metastatic NSCLC
- Ziopharm Oncology announces Immuno-oncology Clinical Supply Agreement with Regeneron to evaluate combination therapy for brain cancer