publication date: Dec. 11, 2020
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
Patrick Hwu, the new president and CEO of H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, is stepping in at a crucial turning point for the Tampa-based hospital.
President Donald Trump is hardly the first septuagenarian world leader to mistrust doctors and science.
In a first procedural move of its kind, NCI asked its Board of Scientific Advisors to endorse the institute’s continuing affiliation with the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, a Federally Funded Research and Development Center.
The NCI Board of Scientific Advisors has approved 10 new and reissued concepts.
NCI also asked BSA to endorse recompetition of the institute’s contract with the Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry groups, joined by cancer groups, filed legal challenges to an HHS rule that uses international reference prices to lower Medicare Part B prices.
- Stephanie Halene named chief of hematology at Yale Cancer Center and Smilow Cancer Hospital
- Haggstrom named director of Regenstrief Institute Center for Health Services Research
- Sue S. Yom named editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics
- DFCI and the Jimmy Fund receive $50 million donation from Pan-Mass Challenge
- Smilow Cancer Hospital receives $135,000 CT Lions Eye Research Foundation grant to study eye cancer
- Friends of Cancer Research forms new HRD Harmonization Project to create consistency in HRD use
- Jack Evjy, Chang Oh Turkmani, Elizabeth Fago appointed to NCAB
Although FY21 funds have not been appropriated for the Department of Defense Ovarian Cancer Research Program, the OCRP is providing the information in this pre-announcement to allow investigators time to plan and develop ideas for submission to the anticipated FY21 funding opportunities.
- Some postmenopausal women with common breast cancer may forgo chemotherapy
- Mindfulness meditation, survivorship classes reduce symptoms of depression in younger breast cancer survivors
- ASCO issues comprehensive recommendations to strengthen cancer care and research during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Studies reveal potential weaknesses in SARS-CoV-2 infection
- City of Hope has developed a cancer-killing virus that activates immune system and helps eliminate colon cancer
- FDA issues a guidance on quality standards of the Mammography Quality Standards Act during COVID-19
- Amgen and McKesson collaborate to advance cancer innovation in communities