publication date: Nov. 13, 2020
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
For the first time in U.S. history, the White House will soon be occupied by a president who has demonstrated a deep understanding of cancer research.
The recent historic election of President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris provides an exciting opportunity for the cancer research and medical science communities during the next four years to dramatically improve the health of our nation and the world.
With unwavering positivity and unquenchable curiosity, David A. Ahlquist, MD, turned complex challenges into addressable opportunities, and audacious ideas into achievable realities.
- Abraham Chachoua named director of Perlmutter Cancer Center’s Lung Cancer Center
- CWRU and UH Researchers receive $5 million from NCI to investigate relationships between HIV and lung cancer in East Africa
- John Turchi receives $2.9 million from NCI to improve effectiveness of lung cancer radiation therapy
- SWOG and The Hope Foundation award two grants designed to give military veterans better access to cancer clinical trials
- The US Oncology Network enrolls 100,000th patient in the Oncology Care Model
When they decided to launch a weekly breast cancer chat on Twitter, all breast cancer survivors and advocates Alicia Staley and Jody Schoger had was a hashtag and a dream.
- Keytruda + Lenvima meet PFS primary endpoint in advanced RCC
- KEYNOTE-695 study: Tavo + Keytruda demonstrate 30% ORR in anti-PD-1 checkpoint refractory metastatic melanoma
- State-level lung cancer screening rates are not aligned with lung cancer burden in the U.S.
- Diagnostic imaging may increase risk of testicular cancer
- JNCCN study evaluates cost-effectiveness of olaparib for metastatic pancreatic cancer
- Research detects hormone-upregulated lncRNA within the lymphocyte-specific protein tyrosine kinase discovered in prostate cancer
- FDA approves liquid biopsy NGS companion diagnostic test for multiple cancers and biomarkers
- FDA issues guidance to enhance diversity in clinical trials, encourage inclusivity in medical product development
- European Commission approves Opdivo + Yervoy with two cycles of chemotherapy for first-line treatment of metastatic NSCLC