publication date: Oct. 25, 2019
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
NCI-designated cancer centers will soon be able to extend their Cancer Center Support Grant award period from five years to seven years, depending on merit at peer review, sustained exceptional progress, stability, and longevity of the cancer center.
By allowing cancer centers to extend their Cancer Center Support Grant award period from five to seven years, NCI hopes to enable eligible centers to spend less time preparing for a grant renewal in favor of conducting more research and setting long-term goals.
Bernard Fisher, a surgeon and clinical trialist who revolutionized the field of breast cancer research and all but eliminated reliance on disfiguring surgeries, died Oct. 16 at the age of 101.
The National Academy of Medicine announced the election of 90 regular members and 10 international members during its annual meeting Oct. 21.
- Sleckman to lead O’Neal Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Michael Birrer named director of UAMS Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Institute
- Lowy, Huntsman family among recipients of AACI/CCAF awards
- Yale Cancer Center announces leadership appointments
- Jyoti Patel joins Lurie Cancer Center leadership
- UA Cancer Center Receives $8.6M grant to lead NCI Clinical Trials Network
- House drug price plan would lower costs for some cancer drugs, but is unlikely to pass in Senate
- IAEA and St. Jude to tackle childhood cancers in developing countries
- Aflac Cancer and Blood Disorders program receives $20 million for pediatric cancer trials
- Phase III IMbrave150 study demonstrates improved OS + PFS in liver cancer
- Novel imaging technology could reduce need for additional surgery after breast cancer resection
- Why targeted immuno-oncology drugs sometimes fail
- Antibody eradicates leukemia stem cells
- CheckMate-9LA meets OS primary endpoint
- FDA approves indication for Zejula in advanced ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer
- FDA approves test to identify patients eligible for treatment with Zejula in late-line Ovarian Cancer
- European Commission approves dosing schedules for Opdivo in melanoma
- FDA approves Fast Track designation for bemcentinib in AML indication
- Abernethy, Shuren, issue statement on FDA breast implant labelling guidance
- FDA grants first-ever modified risk orders to eight smokeless tobacco products