publication date: Jun. 21, 2019
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
Last December, Flatiron Health convened a “hackathon,” an event where programmers, developers, and scientists pitch novel ideas and aggressively crunch data in a competitive sprint.
Before 2019, Blythe Adamson, a senior quantitative scientist at Flatiron Health, had never attended an annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
The House of Representatives June 19 passed a package of four appropriations bills for fiscal year 2020.
Readers will be pleased to learn this is the final installment of my reviews of the HBO Chernobyl miniseries, which just ended its TV run June 3. The series, which has received extraordinary critical acclaim, had a vast global audience.
The NCI Board of Scientific Advisors has approved 23 new and reissue concepts: five Requests for Applications/Requests For Proposals and 18 PARs, program announcements reviewed in the institute.
- Cathy Eng named co-leader of GI cancer program at Vanderbilt
- Mark Bonnen named chair of radiation oncology at UT Health San Antonio
- Steven Shak to receive Leadership in Personalized Medicine Award
- Upal Basu Roy named vice president of research at LUNGevity
- Thomas J. Smith awarded ASCO/Walther Cancer Foundation palliative and supportive care award
- ASCO announces Health Policy Leadership Development Program fellows
- Stephanie Dutton receives Susan G. Komen Greater Pennsylvania award
- Northwell opens Pancreatic Cancer Center
Nearly three years after its introduction, the CMS’s Oncology Care Model (OCM) remains the most ambitious and far-reaching initiative to shift cancer care toward value-based models.
- Study finds one in six cancer survivors reported pain restricting daily functioning
- Radiation + chemo doesn’t improve endometrial cancer recurrence-free survival
- Mount Sinai researchers show first link between exposure to dust from 9/11 attack and prostate cancer
- FDA approves pembrolizumab for metastatic SCLC
- FDA approves Amgen and Allergan’s Kanjinti, Herceptin biosimilar
- Lynparza approved in EU for ovarian cancer
- Lynparza approved in Japan for ovarian cancer
- Myriad receives second insurance reimbursement decision for its BRACAnalysis in Japan
- Gilead, Nurix form collaboration to develop cancer therapies