publication date: May. 10, 2019
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
NCI has funded a consortium uniting Georgetown Lombardi Cancer Center and John Theurer Cancer Center of Hackensack University Medical Center.
Georgetown’s Louis M. Weiner and Hackensack’s Andrew L. Pecora started to discuss forming a consortium in 2011, roughly at the time when it became clear that conferencing and data transfer technologies were making it possible for cancer centers located hundreds of miles apart to operate in a coordinated manner.
FDA has issued a draft guidance that describes the types of real world data and real world evidence that the agency would accept as part of regulatory submissions for drugs and biologics.
The House Committee on Appropriations May 8 approved a spending bill that gives NIH $41.1 billion, a $2 billion increase over the current level. The bill passed on a vote of 30 to 23.
- Primo “Lucky” Lara now serves as SWOG deputy chair, Kathy Albain is vice president
- Tisch Cancer Institute and Precision Immunology Institute form Mt. Sinai Center for Computational Immunology
- Memorial Sloan Kettering introduces MSK Kids
- Ananth, Choi, Kirtane, Li receive NCCN Young Investigator Award
- UAMS’s Johann receives $1.4 million for lung cancer clinical trials
- Prostate Cancer Foundation publishes revised guidelines, new patient resources
The FY19 Defense Appropriation provides $100 million to the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program to support innovative, high-impact prostate cancer research.
Over the past decade there has been much consternation about overdiagnosis, the detection of cancers that would not have been diagnosed without screening.
- BMS phase III study didn’t meet primary endpoint of OS with Opdivo + radiation in glioblastoma multiforme
- City of Hope opens multiple myeloma autologous CAR T-cell therapy trial targeting CS1 protein
- FDA approves Kadcyla for breast cancer
- FDA grants Breakthrough Device designation to Natera’s Signatera test
- Caris Life Sciences receives FDA Breakthrough Device designation for MI Transcriptome companion diagnostic test
- European Commission approves Lorviqua in previously-treated ALK-positive advanced NSCLC
- Arcus Biosciences and Strata Oncology announce clinical development collaboration for anti-PD-1 antibody