publication date: May. 3, 2019
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
Advances in the field of tumor immunotherapy have given great hope for those treating cancer. We are in an era of unprecedented achievements, as evidenced by impressive clinical responses in patients treated with adoptive cell therapy and immune checkpoint inhibitors.
The Subcommittee on Labor, HHS and Education of the House Committee on Appropriations April 30 marked up a spending bill that gives NIH $41.1 billion, a $2 billion increase over the current level.
Syapse, a precision medicine company with a data sharing network, has announced a collaboration with Amgen to use analytics and real world evidence to support drug development.
The National Academy of Sciences announced the election of 100 new members and 25 foreign associates in recognition of their distinguished and continuing achievements in original research.
- USC and UCSF join Lazarex in IMPACT program to increase diversity in trials
- Elaine Fuchs receives 2019 AACR-G.H.A. Clowes Memorial Award
- Mike Ridinger joins WVU as assistant director of finance and administration
Overdiagnosis is defined as the diagnosis of an asymptomatic cancer that would not have become clinically evident during the person’s lifetime in the absence of screening or similar activities, such as diagnostic imaging tests that reveal “incidentalomas.”
- Study shows 137 million adults in the U.S. suffered medical financial hardship
- Scientists identify genes tied to increased risk of ovarian cancer
- Test allows doctors to determine most effective treatment for breast cancer
- EndoPredict predicts chemotherapy benefit in breast cancer
- Targeted RNA-sequencing detects fusion gene signature in lung cancer
- Biomarker may help predict whether immunotherapy is the right choice in colorectal cancer
- FDA approves sNDA for Tibsovo in AML
- CHMP issues positive opinion on Talzenna for Talzenna in breast cancer indication
- CHMP issues positive opinion for Libtayo for squamous cell carcinoma
- CHMP issues positive opinion for Lynparza in maintenance therapy in ovarian cancer
- CHMP issues positive opinion for Neulasta biosimilar
- Janssen submits sNDA to FDA for Erleada in prostate cancer
- Caris to perform genomic profiling for Hoosier Cancer Research Network Bladder Cancer Study
The National Cancer Institute Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program approved the following clinical research studies last month.