publication date: Feb. 22, 2019
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
NCI would like you to know that it has a pot of money for commercialization projects—please apply.
Together, the institute’s Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer programs are giving out $173 million in fiscal 2019. At NIH, these programs gave out $1.145 billion.
Caryn Lerman was named director of USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center.
When she reports to work at USC on March 15, Lerman will be the only behavioral scientist to lead an NCI-designated cancer center. She also will hold the position of professor of psychiatry and the behavioral sciences at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- NCI’s Rosenberg to receive Szent-Györgyi prize
- Vale named executive director of HHMI Janelia Research Campus
- Baylor consolidates cancer center clinics on new McNair Campus
- Merck to acquire Immune Design
- Doubrava joins Fox Chase
The American Society of Clinical Oncology is inviting applications for research grants for projects that use data from CancerLinQ Discovery, an offering of ASCO’s CancerLinQ initiative, as a source.
- Guidelines recommend genetic testing for all people with breast cancer
- Keytruda + Inlyta reduced risk of death by nearly half compared to sunitinib in RCC
- OS and PFS for Keytruda in hepatocellular carcinoma did not meet statistical significance
- Merck expands immuno-oncology program with three phase III trials in prostate cancer
- Opdivo + Yervoy shows response in pre-treated patients with prostate cancer
- Janssen announces preliminary results from phase II GALAHAD in prostate cancer
- Roswell Park researchers identify protein that contributes to racial disparities in prostate cancer
- AVEO Oncology announces TIVO-3 trial topline results
- SCLC may respond to combination of immunotherapy and DNA damage repair inhibitors
- Study finds melanoma brain metastases immunosuppressive with treatment-resistant metabolism
- Dasatinib enhances response to checkpoint inhibitors, study finds
- Integrating heart disease and cancer care could reduce overall health care costs
- CASSINI Trial publishes data on preventing blood clots in cancer patients
- FDA approves Keytruda for adjuvant treatment of melanoma
- FDA accepts IND for TR1801-ADC, an ADC targeting cMet positive solid tumors
- FDA grants priority review to Merck’s sBLA for Keytruda monotherapy in SCLC
- FDA publishes revised draft guidance for investigational tobacco products