publication date: Dec. 7, 2018
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
NCI is cutting the budgets of divisions, offices, and centers within the institute by 5 percent to maintain funding for its Research Project Grant pool, which funds a broad range of basic research, as well as clinical trials and health services research.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center has received a $30 million gift from O’Neal Industries Inc., a family-owned global business based in Birmingham.
Lisa Schwartz, professor of Medicine and of Community and Family Medicine at Dartmouth Medical School died on November 29 after a seven-year struggle with cancer—a terrible loss to all who knew her.
Charles A. Coltman Jr., a pioneer of treatment of leukemia and lymphoma, a long-time chair of SWOG, and a co-founder of the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium, died after a long illness on Nov. 28. He was 88.
- Wafik El-Deiry to lead cancer biology program at Brown
- Emory Proton Therapy Center opens
- Kite announces two-year data for Yescarta in patients with refractory large B-cell lymphoma
- Kite announces updated data from ZUMA-3 study of KTE-X19 in adult patients with relapsed or refractory ALL
- Ibrutinib + rituximab superior to standard treatment for some patients with CLL
- Data from phase I/II open-label study of BCMA-directed CAR-T cell therapy lcar-b38m show tolerable safety profile, high response and MRD-negative rate in advanced r/r multiple myeloma
- New long-term data on acalabrutinib in mantle cell lymphoma and CLL
- Geron announces OS data from IMbark in Imetelstat-treated patients with intermediate or high-risk myelofibrosis and r/r to JAK inhibitor
- New long-term data on Calquence presented
- Combination immunotherapy shows high activity against recurrent Hodgkin lymphoma
- Karyopharm reports positive top-line phase IIb SADAL data for Selinexor in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Celgene announces initial phase I/II liso-cel data in patients with r/r CLL
- FDA approves Tecentriq + Avastin and carboplatin for initial treatment of specific type of metastatic lung cancer
- FDA publishes draft guidance on class labeling of in vitro companion diagnostics for classes of drugs in oncology
- FDA publishes framework document on real-world evidence
The National Cancer Institute Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program approved the following clinical research studies last month.