publication date: Sep. 7, 2018
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
A working group formed by NCI Director Ned Sharpless has recommended that the institute devote additional funds informatics researchers could use to harmonize existing cancer datasets.
Vinay Prasad, a cyber-iconoclast for all things cancer, appears to have closed the Twitter account that made him a brand in oncology.
John Mendelsohn has retired from MD Anderson Cancer Center, which he served as president for 15 years, from 1996 to 2011.
Moody Wharam Jr., professor emeritus of radiation oncology and molecular radiation sciences, and former Willard and Lillian Hackerman Professor of Radiation Oncology at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center, died Aug. 10 at age 77.
- Northwestern Lurie Cancer Center earns “exceptional” rating from NCI
- Northwestern awarded brain cancer SPORE grant
- Rogel Cancer Center awarded CCC designation and $33.4M from NCI
- Rutgers Cancer Institute redesignated as comprehensive cancer center
- Bernard Fisher turns 100
- Agios announces CEO succession plan
- Ruth McCorkle named AAN Living Legend
- Vamsidhar Velcheti named director of thoracic medical oncology at NYU
- NYU Langone’s Perlmutter Cancer Center expands blood, marrow transplant program
- Siteman Cancer Center expands to Illinois
- ACS selects first project in “accelerator pipeline”
- Smith, Thompson, Yau receive LUNGevity Career Development Awards
- bluebird bio, Gritstone Oncology form collaboration to develop cancer cell therapies
- JNCCN strengthens focus on original, impactful research into care delivery
- SOLAR-1 trial of Novartis meets primary endpoint in HR+/HER2- advanced breast cancer
- PARP inhibitor improves progression-free survival in patients with advanced breast cancers and BRCA mutations
- NCI-led research team develops predictor for immunotherapy response in melanoma
- Cetuximab + radiation found inferior to standard treatment in HPV-positive oropharyngeal cancer
- Secondhand smoke exposure in childhood may raise risk of adult lung disease
- Mount Sinai researchers create RNA and DNA-sequencing platform to match broader swath of cancer drugs
- Duke researchers find missing immune cells that could fight lethal brain tumors
- Hopkins researchers seeking ways to monitor effectiveness of immunotherapy
- Kymriah gets European approval for B-cell ALL and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma indications
- FDA gives priority review to BMS Empliciti + pomalidomide, dexamethasone in multiple myeloma
- Rafael Pharmaceuticals receives FDA Orphan Drug Designation of CPI-613 for peripheral T-cell lymphoma
- ASLAN003 gets Orphan Drug Designation for AML