publication date: Aug. 31, 2018
Billy Wayne Ruddick Jr., Ph.D., is a character eerily reminiscent of someone we know, a distant relative who picks political fights on Facebook and Twitter.
Intricate deception went into luring NIH Director Francis Collins onto Sacha Baron Cohen’s television show.
The US Senate Aug. 23 passed a spending bill that will increase the NIH budget by $2 billion to $39.1 billion—a 5.4 percent boost over the current level.
Jim Cox, professor emeritus in radiation oncology at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, passed away on Aug. 14. He was 80.
- Rosenberg, June and Allison share 2018 Albany Prize
- Karen Knudsen named AAACI president-elect
- Cory Wiegert named CEO of CancerLinQ LLC
- Moffitt’s chief information security officer named fellow to America’s cybersecurity think tank
- Exact Sciences, Pfizer enter into U.S. promotion agreement for Cologuard
- MD Anderson, Accelerator Life Science form Magnolia Neurosciences
- UCLA awarded $9.3 million to help provide prostate cancer treatment
- Ana María López to lead medical oncology at Sidney Kimmel
- Noriega joins Fox Chase Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care
- Yahanda, Loaiza-Bonilla receive promotions at CTCA
- NCCN publishes first U.S. guidelines for rare cancers associated with pregnancy
- Collection of brain cancer data accessible to global researchers
- Comprehensive CAR T-cell therapy pediatric guidelines developed
- University of Maryland scientists to conduct first FDA-approved study of focused ultrasound to open blood-brain barrier
- Liquid biopsy could ease the way to immunotherapy for lung cancer
- Imbruvica + rituximab becomes first non-chemo combination for Waldenström’s macroglobulinemia
- FDA approves lenvatinib for unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma
- Lenvima gets European approval for advanced, unresectable hepatocellular carcinoma
- FDA approves pembrolizumab + chemo for first-line metastatic non-squamous NSCLC
- FDA updates prescribing information for Keytruda, Tecentriq
- Nivolumab gets accelerated approval for third-line metastatic small cell lung cancer
- FDA approves Kyowa Kirin’s Poteligeo for mycosis fungoides and Sézary Syndrome