publication date: May. 25, 2018
To access this members-only content, please log in.
Institutional subscribers, please log in with your IP
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
After six months of listening and observing the functioning of MD Anderson Cancer Center, Peter Pisters announced changes in the cancer center’s organizational chart.
Robert Redfield, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the agency is reviewing the methods gynecologists use to identify women at risk of uterine cancers.
As you know, a team of gynecological researchers from Yale University recently reported that the incidence of “missed” cancers in women undergoing general gynecological operations of the uterus approaches 2%. Even more staggering is the reported 10% incidence in such women, over the age of 55.
- Dan Theodorescu named director of Cedars-Sinai cancer center
- St. Jude announces global initiative
- The Pershing Square Sohn Research Alliance announces seven winners
- Miami Cancer Institute adds MR image-guided Linac Radiation Therapy
- Three appointments announced at Carbone Cancer Center
- NYU Rusk Rehabilitation launches program to optimize quality of life in cancer survivors
- Overall cancer mortality continues to decline; prostate cancer mortality has stabilized
The FY18 Defense Appropriations Act provides $100 million to the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Research Program to support innovative, high-impact prostate cancer research.
Finasteride, a common hormone-blocking drug, reduces men’s risk of getting prostate cancer without increasing their risk of dying from the disease, according to long-term follow-up data.
- Breast cancer survivors aren’t getting recommended number of mammograms post-surgery
- Positive interim result reported in study of SurVaxM in glioblastoma
- Surveillance intensity not associated with earlier detection of recurrence or improved survival in colorectal cancer
- FDA approves Doptelet for thrombocytopenia in chronic liver disease
- Foundation Medicine, Merck establish immuno-oncology companion diagnostics collaboration