publication date: May. 12, 2017
To access this members-only content, please log in.
If you're not a subscriber why not join today?
If you believe you should be able to view this area but cannot log in, then please contact us
and we will try to rectify this issue as soon as possible.
To gain access to the members only content click here
You will be given immediate access to premium content on the site.Click here to join.
The FDA Oncology Center of Excellence occupied a special place in the Obama White House moonshot program.
Amid the moonshot’s big goals, the FDA center was concrete, manageable, and modestly priced, a reorganization that promised to revolutionize the agency’s handling of everything cancer.
It’s possible that there were pianos that Bob Comis didn’t like.
The luminary of clinical trials commandeered pianos wherever he found them—at hotel lounges and at the American Society of Clinical Oncology president’s receptions, where, year after year, he blasted his way through My Way.
Former NCI director John Niederhuber is keeping relatively calm about the White House plan to slash the NIH budget.
“I guess my reaction was that, this is the White House recommendation, the President’s recommendation,” said Niederhuber, who served as NCI director from 2006 to 2010. “When people have asked me about it, I’ve said we should not panic yet. This is a process and that’s the beginning of the process.”
- Robert Vonderheide new UPenn Abramson Cancer Center director
- Six New York cancer researchers win Pershing Square Sohn young investigators prize
- MD Anderson names Sabin Fellows, each to receive $100K in research funding
- Von Hoff receives Columbia alumni award
- Association for Cancer Immunotherapy CIMT: Cancer Immunotherapy Award to Kees Melief
- ACCC launches financial advocacy boot camp in response to cancer costs
- Keytruda-Alimta-carboplatin combination gets FDA approval
- FDA grants accelerated approval to avelumab for urothelial carcinoma
- Novartis receives FDA approval for Kisqali Femara Co-Pack for initial treatment of HR+/HER2- advanced or metastatic breast cancer
- European Commission approves dinutuximab beta for high-risk neuroblastoma
- Reolysin gets FDA Fast Track designation for in metastatic breast cancer
- PIQUR receives EMA Orphan Drug designation for PQR309 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma
- Addario Institute, Biocept collaborate on liquid biopsy trial in lung cancer
- EpiThany, Merck KGaA, Pfizer to evaluate combination of avelumab and EP-101 STEMVAC in breast cancer
- Array BioPharma, Merck collaborate to study MEK inhibitor with Keytruda
- OncoSec, Merck to evaluate ImmunoPulse IL-12 and Keytruda in metastatic melanoma
- Regeneron, SillaJen to test combination treatment in kidney cancer
- Regeneron, Inovio agree to study glioblastoma combination therapy
- DOD Breast Cancer Research Program
- DOD Ovarian Cancer Research Program